Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Wrapped up Summer!

Well with Labor Day over we have officially wrapped up summer around our house but not without a couple more fun adventures. We loaded everyone up and headed to Mammoth for five days for lots of biking, hiking and finding fun coffee shops.

We were walking around town when I found this cool door and with teenagers you never know if you'll be "allowed" to take their picture but this day was a go! 
The weather was amazing! 84 degrees and the air so clean and clear!

We hiked all over the place....

The riding was amazing! We did some down hill single track mtn. biking which Ry doesn't love so one day we rented electric bikes and rode 14 miles on an amazing bike bath.









A life long friend of mine and his family live in Mammoth and he is on the search and rescue team up there so we hung out and he took us on some fun hikes. 



We hiked back to Devils Postpile





Even after five days we weren't ready to come home for sure..we love being outdoors so even though it was a trip full of physical activities, it was also refreshing

We love heading down to the beach..Dan runs between piers and I ride my bike. Ry roller skates.
I'm kind of obsessed with escape rooms at the moment. Such a fun group/family time if you have never done one. We did this one on Monday and got out with about 30 minutes to spare..
We have always loved the game Settlers of Catan and to Morgan's surprise we found out Jacob loves it as well so we roped Morgan into learning and drove her nuts playing this past weekend.

I've had an itch to start painting and be creative so I have been making books for myself and friends in bible study.



Loma Linda Fire participated in a community night complete with a dodge ball tournament. It was fun watching Dan and the guys have some play time! We have really enjoyed being part of the Loma Linda Fire family...been a huge blessing.

My sweet friend Lisa bought me this new devotional which I LOVE! With everything going on in the world, our homes, our ministries, peoples lives we care about; I am reminded that life is hard sometimes right? But God is good all of the time. Like when marriage is stressful, our kids are moody, serving is draining, storms rage around us...my God never changes. His word is steadfast and His mercies are new every morning. I can cling to His goodness.

This picture is for Jacob and he will know exactly why. Ha!!! Be blessed today friends.



1 comment:

Jack said...

You guys know how to have a fun time together !
Shot my age in Golf for the 5th time this week.
Love seeing your pictures.
God Bless,
Uncle Jack