Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, July 27, 2018

July


Well this summer has been a series of ups and downs for our family. God is always good regardless of the struggles but sometimes you just have to get away so you can breath. On July 3d we lost my 47 year old aunt to cancer. Because we were only three years apart, we grew up doing everything like sisters and I never called her aunt because I forgot ha! We roller skated, jumped on the beds singing into hair brushes, shared a bedroom and tortured my grandma with endless "I didn't do it!" cries of innocence when something bad went down. I was born on April 19th and she was born on April 20th so she used to joke that I stole her thunder by coming along.
Michelle had been sick since May 1st and our family was taking turns taking care of her until she passed. This is was not only physically draining but emotionally as well. Seeing her go downhill and fight was very difficult. She is with the Lord now and I know I will see her again. Thank you all who have been praying, sent cards and text messages and words of encouragement.

My friend and I have been reading a book and then meeting for coffee to discuss it and what God is doing in us through the reading time. It's mostly just my way of getting to sit down with her so it's selfish ha! We just finished "When Helping Hurts" and it was very slow reading with lots to absorb but all good stuff. We are just now starting this book here and I can't wait. The worlds concept that marriage is designed to make us happy is full of holes. 

This girly is moving out in a few weeks...

This girly is having major back surgery in a few weeks.....please be praying. More to come. 

After my aunt passed we were able to go out of town for 8 days. The Lord truly knew the timing of it all because we had this trip planned for over 6 months and it was much needed to help clear the fog in my head and heart. We rented a house on the beach in Mexico and the down time was like a healing balm.

We made S'mores and walked on the beach....

Me & Morgan made a fort that some rotten kids stomped on...I cried. Ha! 

My mom was able to go with us which was fun. We ate at all the rode side places...best tamales in the wold!!! 

The house we rented was so amazing. It had a view of the ocean from every room....

Our friends are missionaries down in Mexico and so we got to spend some time with them and love on them which was so nice. Just to be and cook for them was a blessing.




We got together with the cousins in San Diego for a swim day and games.

Went up to Big Bear and walked around lake and had lunch....

                   Hope everyone is having a blessed summer!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh friend, I am so deeply sorry about the loss of your aunt 😢 What a blessing to get away to Mexico together afterwards. That looked like a wonderful trip.

I cannot believe Morgan is going to college!

Prayers for Ryanne and her surgery .

JoleneFlores said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your aunt. As grief is often cyclical and comes in waves, I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Danny and I are currently leading a couples series on Sacred Marriage. It is an incredible book! I love the way it transforms perspectives.

Miss you lady!