Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Summer Updates.....

This summer has been anything but typical for us. We had both girls gone at different ends of the world serving on mission trips and doing internships. We found ourselves with a lot of "practice empty nest" time. I also found myself at the airport 7 times this summer so far. After one drop off to LAX we were able to shoot over and have dinner with Dans cousin which was a treat.

Morgan loved working in the orphanage down in Ecuador and informed us that one day she will be adopting from that country which i can't wait for. 
Morgan & Naomi got to see and do so much on their summer down on the equator that I just know God has grown them so much....
Ry had an amazing time in Portugal and I swear she came back older...


My mom & I got to sneak away for a night to San Diego for my cousins wedding and spend some time with my brother and sister in law who flew down for the wedding...

I took care of this pup all summer while Morgan was gone.....

Ryanne has a full brother who is 18 months younger and was adopted by another family in Co; he came out and spent a week with us....

We took off to the beach one day to enjoy te cooler air...

Ry turned 15 this summer and we did an escape room which we loved doing with her and her friends....

Some much needed friend time riding bikes at the beach...

All the girls on the Portugal team....

Dan completed a half Iron Man up in the bay area...

It was in a beautiful area....
We spent 5 days enjoying the sites.....

This was our first family vacation without Morgan so that was sad.....


But they just got home!!!!

It was like Christmas the night before and I couldn't sleep!!!

We got to serve at the Micah house backpack outreach which is always a sweet time serving with our church body...

I love having the three friends all back together and spending time together at our house doing fun girly stuff.  I  miss them when they are all gone doing different things. Looking forward to a couple more weeks of summer break and more adventures....all together this time though. Blessings friends.



2 comments:

Jack said...

Great Pictures !
Your girls are all grown up !
Our family did an Escape Room, also.
We had a blast doing it and got out with 10 minutes to spare !
Shot my age again playing Golf for the forth time. I'm 77 and shot 74 !
Matches my 4 Hole In Ones total .
Love ya'all and wish we were closer so we could see each other more often !

Jessica said...

Looks like a fun summer! I guess good practice for empty nest, but hard huh? The changing of seasons in life is so bittersweet.