Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

living without fear

I love this picture because this is Morgan caught in the act of living with childlike faith. We were standing down at the lake waiting for friends to arrive so we could greet them and show them where to go since it was thier first time up at Hume Lake. Morgan (being fully dressed and just showered) asked if she could put her "feet" in the water. I told her yes if she promised not to get her clothes wet since we would be moving on in a few minutes. Our friends car pulls up and as I turn to wave hello I hear this big splash and yup' heres the proof.........Morgan had launched herself fully dressed into the lake. My friend snapped this picture of my little mermaid and after being annoyed for only a short second I realized that Morgan has it all figured out at 6 yrs. old. I mean if you think about it you only live once and what good does it do in life to only get your big toe wet. I mean if your going to do it you may as well go all the way right? Jump in with both feet, fully committed, no fear of what is beneath and trust that you'll float. God is good and I have known him for almost 20 years and yet I still only give him my big toe on a regular basis. I wade in slowly like he wont hold me up, and rarely do I get my head wet for fear of drowning in this crazy world. I have learned allot as a mom but the one thing that I value the most is that if you sit and watch your kids long enough they will teach you what it means to have faith that is so care free, so trusting, so sure that God is who he says he is that you will be inspired to jump in feet first and submerge yourself in Gods beauty. Thanks for the reminder Morgan-I love you!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Kids are great for that.... reminding us to live and enjoy life...enjoying the little things. :)

Anonymous said...

Good job honey and it is Oh so true. I thank God daily for His gifts to our family. Your daughters have taught us all so much in such a short time. I truly feel Morgan will touch so many lives by showing her love for Christ and how she has had a heart filled with Gods love since she was so young. What a huge blessing she is and I feel Ryanne will watch and learn from her sister. I pray daily :) love Mom