Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beauty From Ashes

This morning was a rare treat that I hope to take advantage more often now that it is cooling off and we are getting into a better routine with home schooling. Morgan & I set our alarms for 6:30 am and set off for a walk together. It was so quiet out and cold enough that we needed our sweatshirts. The smell of Fall was so clean and crisp in the air.
We we're walking up the hill back towards our house when Morgan stopped, bent over and said,"mom, look at this beautiful flower! It's growing out of a weed. It always amazes me to see such beauty come from a weed."
I started grinning from ear to ear and thought to myself I bet that lots of people will hear God say,"good job my faithful servant." When they get to heaven but when he sees me he might just say,"ah, good things do come from weeds!!" ;)



3 comments:

Crystal said...

Precious moment. I agree so much, God takes our pain & imperfections and makes something so beautiful...and yes, so undeserved.

Erica Young said...

It's nice to spend quality time with your children. I love Fall too, it's my favorite season and the cool, crisp air. Enjoy every moment of it.

Eileen said...

A precious moment to cherish. You need to print all these stories, tuck them in a safe place, and save them for your children!