Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Humility

This was a short paragraph in my bible study book this morning that lead me into my quiet time. I just thought it was worth sharing. Have a great day!

Humility is a requirement to be intimate with God. His greatness can be seen only by those who have none of their own. The less you see of yourself, the more you will see of God. it does not mean that you are not talented. It may be, in fact, that you are brilliant. What is does mean is that you are far more interested in looking at God than yourself. That is a sign of true humility.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like that. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

Good reminder.

Eileen said...

Hmmm... excellent!

Yvonne said...

Humility...this is what I focused and studied in 2007....thank you. I have so much to learn...Here is one of Andrew Murray's definitions, "..humility is nothing but the desappearance of self in the vision that God is all." Love you.

Jolene Grace said...

Beautiful. So relevant too. Thanks for sharing, my beautiful, humble friend.