Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Do All Things Well............

I was sharing with a friend that sometimes I feel like I have so much on my plate that I need and want to pray about that it seems overwhelming. As I go to pray I often imagine this huge bubble over my head with all this "stuff" floating around in it and as I try to go to the Lord about one thing another jumps in the way and pretty soon I am so distracted it's ridiculous. Are you following me? I told my friend the other day that I pictured myself taking the "stuff" from the bubble and throwing it all in the air and just "giving" it back to God to deal with. I just know if I get my hands in that bubble I will screw it all up. :)

So all that is to say we have had A LOT going on here lately. Good stuff. Just a lot of "stuff."
The cool thing is; I woke up this morning and the very first thought that came to my head was a line from a song we sing at church that goes,"You do all things well........" I just keep hearing that over and over all morning. In the shower, in the car, walking the dog etc. I realized something; this was Gods way of reminding that yes HE does ALL things well. Not half way, not half good but ALL things well. If we allow him the time and space to be in control of our lives he does all things well and good and for his glory. After being reminded of this a peace washed over me.

Thank you God that you are in control of Dan's testing and future at work.
You do it well.

Thank you God that you have your hand on this marriage ministry and you are in control.
You do it well.

Thank you Lord that when I fail at being as kind and sensitive to people around me as I could be you quicken my spirit.
You do it well.

Thank you Lord that you know the friends we need in our lives and the support our family needs and you provide.
You do it well.

Thank you Lord that as you stretch us and grow us in our ministry, our marriage, in our relationships, our work, our families etc. you give us peace and courage to move forward.
You do it well.

"You Do All Things Well.................................."

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

You can't even imagine how I needed this post. I think it was meant for me today. Thank you.

Rhonda said...

I am reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/One-Thousand-Gifts-Fully-Right/dp/0310321913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296156785&sr=8-1

Somehow this post reminded me of it.
If you're looking for a good book to read, you should get it. You can watch the promo video on this post of mine(at the bottom): http://www.throughthelensofworship.com/2011/01/moments.html

The video alone is so worshipful. I really think you will appreciate it.
Love you friend!

Angela Mills said...

Thanks for this :)

Jeff and Aimee said...

So...can I bring my husband and daughter over at about 7:00pm tomorrow (Friday) to meet Macy? No, seriously. (Hee hee. I warned you!)

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

That's a great reminder.

And I think I want to fly Macy up here to live with me. Oh my. SOoooo cute!

littlecbsmom said...

Well said my friend, well said!