Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, March 21, 2013

UB4ME.....

Hello! Happy almost Friday! Whew-hoo!
Almost done with school for the week.

Stealing my husband away for a lunch date and massage.

Having dinner and game night with friends.

The kids will run around barefoot outside playing with squirt guns until well after 7pm because its warm and light outside and did I mention warm?

I was listening to a pastor on the radio in the car today and he said love could be defined like this;
Love: UB4ME
This is the kind of love we should have for our spouse if we want to see Christ there. This is the kind of love we should have for our kids, neighbors, friends, the homeless. UB4ME is how Jesus loved and loves today. I took a vote (well really it was just me) and decided to make this our new family moto.

The pastor also said,"Do something crazy and stay married. Be a trophy for God." I love that!
I'm prone to getting sad and overwhelmed when our friends marriages are struggling. When I hear friends have split up or are heading that direction my heart hurts and I feel panic set in. A lot of our friends for obvious reasons are firefighters so it hits close to home when their families fall apart. I cry out to God,"God, that's so close to home. We live that crazy life. What else can we do to be solid?"
I can easily let my eyes get downcast. Feel hopeless. But then I wake up in the morning, put my feet on the floor and sneak over to my quiet time chair in the corner by the window. I curl up with my devotional, my bible, pen and paper and allow Gods word to soak in. To prepare me for the day. To use me. To restore me. To encourage others. I love how when you are in the word daily God gives you scripture for people. You become sensitive to others needs and to people who are hurting. Sometimes those people respond to you reaching out and sometimes they don't. But when God places those people on your heart it's so good.

Obedience to Christ's commands always brings fulfillment.
                                                     Experiencing God Day By Day

This week I'm praying God would remove my doubt. Remind me that he is bigger than marriages in distress. His desire is to restore. His desire is for us to obey even when we don't feel like it. On the top of my journal I have written TO BE A PEACE MAKER. My hearts desire. To love UB4ME even when I don't feel like it, don't know how or don't get it in return. To not make it about me.
Pray for the marriages in your church.......be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.