Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Holding Onto Summer....

It was my darling oldest daughters turn to pick the dessert I would make last weekend and she picked apple pie. Really Morgan? Gluten free, dairy free, edible apple pie? Hmmmmmm....

So I cheated and tried out this new GF crust I found at Clarks. Freezer section incase your interested.

I made it up as I went and added some DF butter and brown sugar to the top before putting the second crust on top as per the directions....

I think it's safe to say it's the ugliest dessert I have ever made but oh it was Y-U-M-M-Y! As long as you ate it with your eyes closed that is. :)

Be still my heart...Morgan danced on Pointe last week for the first time....


It was soooooo fun! The girls looked amazing. Morgan was so excited to have dirty shoes and blisters the next day. ha! only in a dancers world I guess....

Last Friday was our last day of freedom before school started this week. We loaded the girls and three of their friends up in the car and headed to the lake.

These two have been friends so long...since they were 9 months old. I so should whip out the bathtub pictures.....

The lake has climbing things and a huge slide to play on so the kids had a blast....on a side note, God has been really stirring in my heart to stay on my toes and pray. Seems obvious I guess but it's more than that. Like a reminder to be so diligent and steadfast in my quiet time and prayer so I don't miss anything. Do I always succeed? No. Do I sometimes rush God? Yes. Do I miss his blessings? Absolutely. And to not let other believers rain on my parade. Does that make sense? Just because people are saved doesn't mean they wont do hurtful things or make your life ummm...hard. Were human. But I desire to set out with the daily purpose of wanting Gods best for others. My sin gets in the way.  My pride makes me disagreeable. Morgan and I were struggling with someone this past week and God really put it on my heart to rise above. I told Morgan,"Let's pray Gods best for them even if right in this moment our emotions don't follow our words." I think it's reasonable to say that as women our emotions get in the way and sometimes it takes God some time to get through to us the fact that yes if our actions are even in the smallest way resembling him our hearts will follow suit. Out of the shear desire to be obedient to our father. My quiet time this morning said,"We must set aside the self-centered attitude that leads to impatience and criticism of others.Jesus did not say the world would know him by our miracles but by the love Christians show one another." (John 13:35) -Experiencing God Day By Day-

1 comment:

online indian drama said...

nice blogger i like your working style