Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Psssssst.....I Love You

Don't you love when you are struggling with anxiety, worry, stress etc. and God in all his glory pulls you aside and gently says,"Psssstt...kiddo, I got this one. Really, you do not need to worry about it because I can see the bigger picture. Just keep on living for me in the day to day and I will take care of the rest." God did that to me this past Sunday; he reminded me through the lesson our pastor taught and I kid you not EVERY SINGLE worship song had the theme of not stressing, his grace being enough etc. I kinda started to do that crazy laugh you do to yourself but then thought better of scaring the people around me. At one point I looked around to see if anyone else thought the message was for them or if it was just me. I LOVE when the Lord does that.
 
 I realized through another event this week (someone being hurtful) that God has grown me so much over the past couple of years. I'm not saying that to sound self righteous or anything but to make a point. I used to worry about getting people's approval in my walk, in my ministry, in my growth and then I realized that what people think is always going to eb and flow as far as their emotions and that is not really productive. After dealing with the initial hurt and deciding to turn it over to God I was feeling complete peace when low and behold, God did it again. Through my quiet time this morning the author of my devotional wrote,"The pleasure that your life gives to God should be your motivation to live righteously." Amen.

In the end the two things I have learned this week (hey, and it's only Tuesday!!) is one; slipping back into my old sin which is worry, anxiety, stress, is not honoring to the Lord. Scripture after scripture tells us to cast our cares on him. His burden is easy and his yoke is light. If I don't allow God to orchestrate the events in my life and trust he knows best then I am in sin. The second thing I learned is that yes I am flawed and I will not be made perfect until I see the other side of heaven. BUT I refuse to be who I was 2 years ago or even last week. I am choosing to grow, have grace, forgive, move forward, choose better, live like I love a powerful God who also shows grace and mercy AND not allow others to try and decide for me where I am headed or take away what God is doing in my life. Am I always going to get it right? Nope. But ultimately it comes down to have the mind set of Christ and that is my goal in everything everyday. Phil. 2:5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Erica Young said...

I need help with stress and anxiety right now. Found out they are starting layoffs at work next week and of course we have no idea who it's going to be. I am worried it will be me. I am the breadwinner, the one who has the benefits and all I'm doing is worrying. I put on a brave front but deep down inside I just want to cry, but I can't. I have to be brave for my family and go to work and pray it doesn't happen to me.