Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ryanne's Time....

In the midst of what our family has been going through with the death of my cousin we tried to continue on and have a "normal" day of celebration for our sweet Ryanne who turned 10 this past weekend. I had planned a little ice cream social for a few of her friends and it turned it very cute.




I took on the task of making all the ice cream home made and for the most part I think I did good with the flavors. I made a lavender lemon that was a hit with most people and my personal favorite. I think I made like 6 or 7 different kinds. I think I am ice creamed out for a while ha!


We had a nail station where Morgan and two of her friends painted all the kiddos nails.....

I just realized I took this group photo and Ryanne is purposely hiding behind her friend.....

We asked Ryanne what she wanted for her birthday and she said,"A day and night in Santa Monica playing at the beach and walking around." So we got a room and did just that.







For those of you that might not know Ryanne as well as we do I wanted to give you glimpse into her heart. I told my mom this story on the phone the other night and couldn't tell it without crying. 
When we were in Santa Monica we decided to eat at this Mexican place down at the end of the pier. There were a lot of homeless people out this past weekend. Some were performing and some were just asking for money. The pier was also lined with street performers doing so many talented things you couldn't even believe some of the singing and instruments that were being played. As we neared the restaurant we spot someone who is clearly homeless and to be honest with you very dirty and possibly in his own world to some degree. He has this puppet out that is just as filthy and he's attempting to make it dance. He has a can out in front for money but nobody is paying him for his talent. As we are standing out in front waiting for our table Ryanne looks at me and says,"Mommy, can you walk back to that one man back there so I can give him some of my own money? Nobody was giving him anything or paying any attention to him." At first I was like, seriously? Then Dan walked her back and she walked right up to this man that everyone else was casting aside and she gave him some of her birthday money. She walked back over to me and said,"Mom, his talent really wasn't so good but I wanted to help him anyway." Dan looked at me and said,"You can't teach that to a child." Nope. we know that comes from the Lord.
We love you Ryanne and are blessed to know you. In all your crazy antics and stunts you pull everyday to get us wondering what on earth we are going to do with you; it's moments like this that reminds me God in all His grace and wisdom has an AMAZING plan for you and your sweet spirit.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome, love her sweet heart. Happy birthday Ryanne!!

Brigitte said...

That is right you can't teach that...but you have lead the way! Great job mom (and dad) and Happy Birthdaay Ryanne!! :)

Kylie Rose said...

What a beautiful family you have! That story is absolutely beautiful as well. You have one very special little girl!

xo,
Kylie