Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Fun!

Happy belated Easter! We started off our day with a 4:30am wake up call to go to sunrise service at our church. I wanted to take a picture of everyone huddled up together under blankets as the sun was coming over the mountain top but my fingers were frozen!!



I made these Oreo truffles and during step one my darling husband and children made the observation that they might look  a little like poop and not so appealing to eat; yes this is my life....

But after another step they turned out super cute and tasted even better...here is the recipe link www.gimmesomeoven.com/easter-egg-oreo-truffles/ if you want to make them. Because we are gluten and dairy free I used gluten free Joe-Joes and dairy free cream cheese so just FYI that is an option. 

I love Pinterest. Always cute ideas that my brain does not think up but gladly wants to try.

My mom made this carrot cake that we all agreed was so good!! We did have a good laugh about the fact that the hollow eyes could freak out small unsuspecting children though. Our family is ruthless.


Every year we do an egg hunt for the girls and there is always the coveted golden egg that has an extra special treat of $10 in it. Morgan was the winner this year.

The day was full of sweet reasons we as Christians celebrate Easter. Jesus has risen from the dead and he is alive! That in and of itself is so AMAZING and all the extras; the food, egg hunt and treats are just that...extra blessings and fun good times. but without Christ in our lives those things are all meaningless.

So now we are officially on Spring break! Can I get a "thank you Jesus!" for this home school mama who is ready for summer break. We don't have major plans except I am thinking our girls will be catching up on their Lego video game ha! Be blessed!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

They do kinda look like poop... But I bet they tasted fabulous!! :)

Easter is my favorite.. The rich meaning and reason to celebrate, and time with family, always so sweet.

Yay for spring break!

Jessica said...

They do kinda look like poop... But I bet they tasted fabulous!! :)

Easter is my favorite.. The rich meaning and reason to celebrate, and time with family, always so sweet.

Yay for spring break!