Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thankful..

It seems like our family has had many challenges this year and even in the midst of that though difficult, we have found joy. Dan's uncle pictured above in the wheel chair, lost his battle with cancer two weeks ago. The joy is we got to all go down and see him and love on him and be near the family a few days before he died. We also got to attend Dan's cousins wedding this past September where we spent good time with Uncle Andy and even had him on the dance floor rocking out. Obviously missing him during the holidays and knowing the world is much more boring without him is the hard part. Our kids were truly blessed to grow up under his bear hugs and crazy contagious laughter and joy for life.


Me and Ryanne had a date day out at the Mission Inn where we got cupcakes and tea and walked around so she could take pictures for her photography class. She hates her picture taken so I followed her around and took pictures of her taking pictures. Ha!  A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.


Teenagers......sigh





I was allowed to take one! And I quote,"This is it mom!"


We stayed home for Thanksgiving..Ryanne painted pots with succulents and made place cards with them...


Morgan was home for a few extra days which was a sweet time of her wanting to learn to cook new things...


Every year she and my mom make the turkey.....


And we bake....


and bake some more....

I was the only one awake on Thanksgiving morning and was just enjoying the quiet and the sunrise and I got to thinking about the quiet house and the peace I had. I realized it was because my family was all home, healthy and safe in their beds. I never understood parents getting all crazy during college holiday breaks until Morgan came home on Tuesday night and it felt like Christmas morning ha! Just having us all under one roof was so sweet. I was thinking about how just 12 weeks ago Ryanne was in the hospital and really struggling from her back surgery and it seemed like a season we would never get through. A painful heart wrenching season of watching her struggle with pain and issues from surgery. Now three months later she is stronger than ever and healthy and pain free. I was thinking about losing my aunt in July, Dan's uncle a couple of weeks ago, Dan changing departments, Morgan moving out and just so many other things over the year and I was so grateful in that moment that God only asks us to do one day at a time, one season of life at a time. One hurdle..one challenge, one victory, one praise...because His mercies are new every morning. So my list of struggles this past year are long but my list of praise is even longer.  Be blessed friends...



2 comments:

Jack said...

A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Am so glad Ryanne is doing great !
May Andy rest in Peace !
God Bless and stay safe !

Uncle Jack

Jessica said...

Ahhh it is so sweet I imagine to have everyone under one roof 💕

Glad you could feel God's goodness in the midst of your challenging year