Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, November 16, 2007

In Honor Of Morgan & Ryanne

A little side note that has nothing to do with my post; the girls and I made sugar cookie Turkeys for Morgans class party the other night. Why do kids pick the messiest dessert to make? ugh! We had flour everywhere!!! It was fun though and the kids in her class thought the cookies were the BEST!
Morgan is rolling out the dough and as you can see by my three year olds face if it isnt about her, revolving around her or her turn she gets an attitude but......................
Look what happens when its all eyes on her! Ugh!! Hopefully I survive my second trip through the three's stage. Its never pretty in our house.
My post today was to say,"Happy National Apoption Month" I typed out the poem below to share with you all. It is hanging in our house. I dont know why you need a month to celebrate adoption when my husband swears every day is adoption day at our house. We are either bringing home pets, feeding homeless people or adopting the old couple down the road; he says he never knows what he will find when he comes home after a shift. :) I remind him daily that is what he loves about me, not sure hes buying it though. :) Have a blessed day.

Legacy of an adopted child

Once there were two women who never knew each other. one you do not remember, the other you call mother.

Two different lives, shaped to make yours one. One became your guiding star; the other became your sun.

The first gave you life and the second taught you to live it. the first gave you a need for love the other was there to give it.

One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name. One gave you the seed of talent the other gave you an aim.

One gave you emotion; the other calmed your fears. One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.

One gave you up......it was all that she could do. The other prayed for a child and God brought her straight to you.

And now you ask me through your tears, The age old question through the years.

Heredity or environment...........which are you a product of?

Neither darling........ neither, just two different kinds of love.

Author Unknown

I love you Morgan & Ryanne with everything that is good in me. You have made me a better person. I am more open to Gods possibilites and blessings because of you. Because of you I am kinder, more gentle, more fun, & more aware of people around me that need someone. I desire to serve God daily so that you will never be short changed in the mom department. I know I will fall short of what you deserve but I will stand on Gods promise that he will give me the strength to be consistent, compassionate and grow as you grow. I pray for you daily that you will be women after Gods own heart; world changers for him. That you will hide his word in your heart and always remember that you were hand picked to be in our home. Love Mommy- Aka mamma


4 comments:

christy p said...

Christy,
GREAT post, and incredible poem. I loved seeing Ryanne pouting... she looks just like Emily does most days! We are going to have to meet each other some day and get these two munchkins together!

Faithy said...

That is beautiful! You are a great Mommma! God has used you to bless both your girls in more ways than you will ever know!
Glad we can be friends and endure being Momma's together :)

Rhonda said...

Making cookies together and making a huge mess - now that's what good memories are made of. One day your girls are going to talk about the times you guys all made cookies together.

Jessica said...

What a sweet poem :) Good job making cookies with the girls! I always hate cleaning up all the flour. I'm praying for your health and that you can have a relaxing holiday :) Love you!