Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 Random things about ME!

OK, so I have been tagged like three times so I am going to be a good sport and play along. It's just that I don't think there are 7 random interesting things you want to know about me. ;) But here goes nothing.

1. I LOVE to read and in fact I probably easily read 2-3 books a month. The sad part? If you stopped me on the street & asked me what I was reading I could no sooner tell you the title of the book or the author or anything. I could tell you what it was about but once I am done reading I completely forget. I don't know if its because I read SO much I just have to filter or if I am really that absent minded. Yikes!

2. I HATE the dark. If I have to walk from one end of the house to the next at night I will flip all the lights on along the way. I just like to be able to see everything at all times plus doesn't the boogy man still live in the dark under my bed? ;)

3. I LOVE to scare people. Not like the put a mask on and hide in the closet and jump out kind of scare but the more passive just stand really still while you walk around the corner and see if you notice me kind of scare. Dan and the girls get so made at me. They try to get me back all the time but I am paranoid when the house gets quiet so I come around the corner swinging. I know, I know, my kids are so going to be jacked up.

4. I have what I like to call a "numbers disorder" everything has to be the same. Like if I am putting deodorant on, each pit has to get the same amount of strokes. ohh, ooohh and like the heater in my car has different controls for each passenger; well if I am alone I have to have the numbers all be the same. I cant believe I am telling you this. So random!

5. I LOVE shoes but HATE to wear them. I LOVE purses and handbags but HATE to carry them. I LOVE fashion and make up but ALL of my makeup would literally fit in your pocket and I am most comfortable in worn out jeans and t-shirts. When I grow up I want to be an adult all put together with a look other than a pony tail! :)

6. I LOVE adventure and change. If Dan came home tomorrow and said we were moving across the country/world I would be ALL over it. I love change and things to get shook up once in a while. I LOVE big city's and small country towns. I honestly could live anywhere. I curb this part of my personality a bit by constantly learning something new. I am itching to take dance classes at the moment. ohh, ohhh and the piano.

7. When God wants me to do something or lean my heart in a certain direction it happens in the middle of the night. More times than I can count I have had dreams or something to that affect that leads me to pray for someone and call them to find out they were in need or hurting. I also am convicted during this time if I am in sin. God wakes me up and it is VERY clear to what I am to do.........................ok, is this weird? Oh well, you asked for it!! ;)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good list. I have been tagged too, but don't know what to put yet, so I haven't made the post.
I am sooooo with you about the a/c or heater controls being on the same number - a little OCD, I know. At least I know that I am in GREAT company.

Jessica said...

Fun list :) Thanks for playing along finally :) I love finding out random things.

littlecbsmom said...

Great list and oh so honest, as I would expect from you. I will chuckle every time I put on deordorant now and think of you! You know I'm a little the same way on that one!

Crystal said...

I love hearing these things :). Yeah, you've got the OCD bug like the rest of us. God help us all.

I bet if you stopped scaring your innocent children you'd no longer be afraid of the dark. ;). hehe.

Diana said...

OCD! I love it, because it means I'm not alone! I'm not nearly as neurotic as I used to be, but I still keep my clost organized by type of clothing and color, and my bookshelves (I'm an avid reader, too) must be organzied by book type, and tallest/thickest on the left, down the the shortest/thinnest on the right. Oh, and when my car stereo had numbers for the volume, it had to be a multiple of 5. Oh, and I completely understand your number five. I'm the EXACT same way.

Eileen said...

Christy, more than anything else, I love your transparency. You are a very special, dear, person, and mean so much to me!!!