Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Funny things kids say and the death of a mailbox...........

Our kids say the most hilarious things almost daily. In fact I could do an ENTIRE blog just on the things that come out of their mouths and you would be in in awe and possibly often times frightened at the way their little minds work. Morgan: "wanna play princess?"
Ryanne: "oh yes, can I be a princess too?"
Morgan: "No, I'm the oldest so I am the princess."
Ryanne: "that's not really fair, I want to be a princess like you!"
Morgan: "let me think.............hhhhhmmmmmmm, I've got a great idea!
You can be Porky Pig!"
(we are sitting at a place eating lunch)
Ryanne: "daddy, was I birthed from you?"
Dan: No, daddy's don't "birth" babies Ryanne only Mommy's can do that."
Ryanne: "oohhh, ok so was I birthed from you mommy?"
Me: "no honey, remember we adopted you when you were a baby."
Ryanne: "oohh ya' so who birthed me then?"
Me: "your birth mom."
Ryanne: "whats my birth moms name?"
Me: "Kristen."
Ryanne: "cool ok."
Morgan: "And just for the record I was the one who wanted you!"

I was in the house running around with my head cut off trying to get everyone out of the house on time for swimming when Morgan comes running in;
Morgan: "Mom, the mailbox fell over!!!"
Me: "the what did what!!!???"
Morgan: "ya' the mailbox fell over and oh I might have been swinging from it AGAIN! But if makes you feel any better on the way down it hit me in the head REALLY hard!"
(yes my child in some way that does make me feel better)
So I threw everyone in the car, backed out of the driveway pausing long enough to snap a photo on my cell phone and then sent it to Dan at the fire station with this text attached;
HAPPY FREAGIN' MONDAY!!!!! :)
What is it about my children that they swing, climb, hurdle, launch themselves off anything they can find? Is this normal? Well, its Tuesday whats the worst that could happen right? ;)



8 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face, I really needed that! Kids are just awesome! I was going to pick a favorite, but I can't they are all priceless!

Crystal said...

yes, laughed out loud!!! love the "happy freagin monday" love it. you cracka me up!

Rhonda said...

I hope its normal for them to act like that, because all 3 of mine do that. If not, our kids share abnormalities. Hehee!

Leslie said...

how funny, and I laughed through all of these, thanks Christy...
always love seeing these cuties...

junglemama said...

Cute story. We have adopted five children so I can relate to the adoption stories. :)

Jolene Grace said...

Oh Christy...Happy Freagin' Monday! You had me in stitches. I am so impressed by you...what a great mom you are. Those girls give you a run, but God gave you to them to keep them in line. ;-) XOXOX

5KidMom said...

Go Morgan!!! AT least it hit her in the head! 8^)

Eileen said...

OH, this is so great! Thanks for your honesty and sharing the hilarious things the kids can do and say!!!