Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Welcome to 35.......

So let me lay out the scenario for you so you can totally picture this and mentally go there with me.
I've needed my eyebrows waxed for over a week (yes I put myself through that torture) anyways, I didn't feel like driving all the way down the hill to the same girl I have been going to for like ever and so I decided in all my years of eyebrow experience that it would be fine to try the little hole in the wall place in our town to save myself some time and energy. OK, are you with me so far?
I pop into the "salon" if you want to call it that and ask the girl up front if someone can wax my eyebrows, I know brave huh? Hot wax. Strangers, Not usually a good idea. Any-who, in all her broken English she says, "Sure!" Way to excited to pour hot wax on my eyes if you ask me.
I sit back in the chair and after trying to make small talk I decide she must only speak Spanish because she just giggles and keeps on;
Hot wax, paper, rip, OUCH! Pluck..........
Hot was, Paper, rip OUCH!!! Pluck some more......
She then hands me the mirror and says,"alright?" I take the mirror and......I know what you are thinking and NO both eyebrows were still there and they actually didn't look bad. Pretty good I say in all my cheery self. I lay back for her to put the cooling gel on and she says in perfect unbroken English and I kid you not............."Do you want me to wax your mustache as well?"
Seriously Clark?? My mustache? I mean I know I am half Mexican and I have to say for most of my life I have embraced all the goodness that comes from that. I get to have olive skin and never burn. Dark eyelashes, no mascara required. I LOVE hot spicy food and need no excuse for eating it like 7 days a week but a mustache? No it can't be. I AM turning 35 in a few days, maybe it's hormonal. Ya' that's it hormones! After composing myself and crawling back into the chair I in my very oh so drippy sweet voice said,"No thank you I think I will leave it there today."
The worst part is I just don't see it....................
I mean really I have come to love and trust all you faithful readers so I know you will tell me the truth, really? A mustache?

I just wish I could see what she was talking about....................maybe I am blinded by the hormones or the fact that I am going to be 35 or that my husband has always loved running his fingers through my mustache...................I just don't know.

The very worst part? I think my kids might be inheriting my facial hair. What do you think? Do they resemble me?



OK, maybe just a little but they definitely have Dan's eyes! He,heee!!


Hope I made you laugh today. I know I am still laughing! Ha,haaaa! If I had a dollar for every time I have looked close in the mirror in the last 24 hours I would be rich.
My mom asked me if I was going to ever go back? I thought about it and I think going to the other salon where the Caucasian girls lie to me is much more enjoyable. Well, at least until my 40th birthday!! :)





9 comments:

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

I LOVE YOU! We all have one. Mine's blonde, but very present. Cute cute cute post!

Rhonda said...

Y'all look so cute with your new facial hair.
This post definitely had me cracking up.

Jessica said...

hehe, thanks for the laugh, that is funny! I have a little blonde one if it makes you feel better :)

Erica Young said...

Haha that made me laugh so hard. I get my eyebrows waxed to and so afraid to try new places. Thanks for the laugh.

Sarah said...

girl the same thing happened to me, but I fell for it and had them WAX my lip. it hurt like no other, and yes I to just turned 35 as you know (you keep rubbing it in that im a whole 19 days older) Oh and I have never noticed a mustache before so U R all good

littlecbsmom said...

Oh my! I am going to check myself out in the mirror, I am a little past that 35 mark!

To funny! I love the post and the eyebrows Do look good! I better get to that while I am looking in that mirror already!

Brigitte said...

This is why we have friends and we blog so that we can all share in our plights so well! Loved it! Thanks for the smiles today. Needed that one.

Diana said...

Love it! And Happy Birthday!

Eileen said...

THAT WAS HYSTERICAL!!!!!! Thank you for giving me some giggles while having my lunch at my desk!!!