Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, December 31, 2009

BYE 2009!

Whew, its my last post of the year and boy did time fly. We have had the best Christmas and days following. So busy with family, friends and hanging at the fire station. I will say though one thing I totally dropped the ball on this year was taking pictures. I usually take tons and this year I think I took one on Christmas morning. I was fighting a cold so we will just chalk it up to a foggy head. :) Here are a few pictures from the past couple weeks that I haven't posted yet.The kids next door making gingerbread houses with their friends.

I tried many times to mail Ryanne out of the country but she kept coming back "return to sender!" :)

The girls sang in the Christmas Eve choir and did GREAT! They looked so cute and girly and they LOVED it.

I'm not one to jump on the latest and greatest band wagon. Seriously I have the cheapest ipod, I got the free phone with my cell plan etc. but when I saw this it was love at first sight. All you had to do was tell me I could down load hundreds of books and read to my hearts content. Tell me I can be anywhere in the world and read my favorite blogs, magazines, cookbooks and even get the news paper, be still my heart! This little Kindle baby does it all.

At only 8" tall and 5" wide it fits in your purse and you can hop on line anywhere anytime with its handy keyboard and little square mouse off to the right you are good to go. It weighs like
10 oz. and its so fun to use. I mentioned in passing to Dan that I would love one of these for when we travel (hint, hint cruise in 4 months) so I wouldn't have to carry so many books and magazines in my luggage. I opened a few little things on Christmas and then he pulled out this as a last surprise he had been keeping in his locker at work. SCORE FOR DAN! :)
I am already reading a book and have a few on my waiting list.
OK enough about my child like excitement over material things. I hope everyone has a blessed new years and a safe one. My goal (cause I hate resolutions) is to start getting up half an hour earlier than my kids and reading in peace as apposed to reading on the fly in the morning. I need that time in the word or my spirit starts to drag. Gonna start in Genesis and work my way through and see what I missed the last time. :) We are so thankful as a family to be healthy, have friends and family who love and support us & a God who is in control of all things.





8 comments:

Stacy said...

You might just have to lend me your Kindle for a quick read on the cruise... looks like a verrry tempting new purchase. I was just thinking of all the mags and books I am gonna have to pack. I am sooo thankful for 2009 and for you friend.... now onto 2010 :-)

Brigitte said...

Great goal! I am not sure you could sell me on the Kiddle but I have heard they are amazing. Maybe if I actually held one and saw what it did...I love my books but agree that traveling with them is not always joyous. Glad you had a Merry Christmas - hope you have a Happy New Years day and let's make it a goal to see each other at least once this year (for more than 5-10 minutes)...Cheers!

Erica Young said...

I've heard great things about the kindle. I love to read too. Well when I have the time. I hope you had a great christmas and sorry to hear you were sick :( I started to feel better on christmas day. It never fails every christmas I get sick. The girls looked cute at their choir too.

Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

Fun for you! I've wondered how it feels to read books with that. I'm sure you'll love it when you travel...your cruise is getting closer :)

Jolene Grace said...

Blessings dear friend. I pray for health and happiness for you and your beautiful family in the new year. XOOXOX

Diana said...

I like the idea of being able to have thousands of books at my fingertips, but I would never get a Kindle. I love the feel of pages and the smell of books, and no electronic device, no matter how convienient, could ever replace a real book for me. However, what a nice surprise for you to get, and it will defintely come in handy on your cruise! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

I know several people who got that kindle and love it.
I think I just love the nostalgia of holding a book and thumbing the pages. But I know books will become obsolete someday, I would bet in my kiddos generation.

Eileen said...

I think I prefer an old fashioned book... but I'm glad you are enjoying your great gift! The gingerbread houses are SO CUTE! I love all the crafty things you do with your kids.