Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Blessings & Surprises

Something I am truly grateful for are friends who are willing to swap kids with you from time to time so you can date your husband. My friend Stacy did just that on Wed. (which was perfect cause Dan got called BACK in for OT on Thursday) she took the kids all afternoon. They went shopping, to lunch and then home to watch movies and make this cute gingerbread house. I surprised Dan and took him to get the iPhone he has been wanting. I had been stashing money so he had no idea it was already paid for. Fun, fun! I love surprising him. :)
Speaking of surprises (and this is probably not G rated) I decided a couple of weeks ago on a tip from the Generous wife email to order some lingerie and have it delivered to Dan as a surprise. Weeelllll, I guess she left out the part where you aren't supposed to have it randomly addressed to your man with no "love from" your wife note. I found some sexy Christmas little somethings and when they came in the mail and he ripped opened the unmarked package he was a bit confused and speechless. I was glad the kids were not in the room and yes lesson learned; you can surprise without taking years off your husbands life. ;) He forgave me rather quickly though......go figure! :)

5 comments:

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

SO funny! Glad you didn't send it to the fire station ;).

Brigitte said...

How fun...I think in a good marriage not everything should be G rated. Thanks for the note.

Jeff and Aimee said...

Ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

soo happy to have your girls over and I bet Dan liked both his gifts ;-)