So much to share yet so little brain power left to organize it all and type it out for you.
Somethings you just plain wouldn't share cause...well, blogger would say it's a manners no,no! :)
The other stuff is just to energy sapping to have to relive. I can give you the readers digest version although it may be hard since Dan says I type like I talk. To many words for to short a story. Whaaaaaatttttt little ol' me?
1. Just finished reading two books. The first was sheet music. It's a Christian book about sex. Yup' I said it s-e-x! (Sorry parents if your reading this) Can I just say without totally making my husbands mom think I am a floozie.......the book rocked. Oh and one more thing; Dan is SUPER glad I read the book. :)
The second book was The Chickens Guide To Talking Cold Turkey With Your Kids About Sex. Do you see a pattern here? This was a Christ centered book about how to walk through adolescence with your kids and talk about all the "fun" technical stuff along the way. It was funny, frightening and enlightening all in the first chapter. His main point is that it doesn't have to be this "BIG" sex talk but more a lifestyle with your husband that teaches them. I like that perspective. Teach by showing how to love one another with respect and not being selfish. That alone speaks volumes. So with that being said I will tell you God must have known I needed that exact book last week cause right after I finished it Morgan comes running in and yells,"Mom, mom I found the hole the baby comes out of. It's right where you said it was! About 3 cm from the pee hole." Yup' this is my life.
2. My husband has been on lots of 72. If your a fireman's wife you know exactly what this means. If your not a Firemans wife run over and kiss your man when he gets home at 5pm tonight. A 72 is when they walk out the door at the crack of dawn and you don't see them for three days. Usually during this time lots of other "fun" stuff takes place; major injury's from bike wrecks. Rattlesnakes crawling up to the back door. 102 degree fevers in the middle of the night. Something major breaking, exlpoding, leaking or rolling away, falling over or spilling. Just to name a few.
3. Our friends down the street fell victim to the dying market and had to move this weekend. Their twin daughters and Morgan have been paling around the neighborhood since they were 3. You have to understand my girls LOVE these girls. They invite them everywhere and more often than not I have two extra (identical) little ones at my table for dinner and a ride to church Tuesday nights. I held Morgan as she sobbed Saturday night. We held each other crying and praying for their family and giving thanks that God let us meet them and love on them. They aren't going far but when you are little off the street is a million miles away.
4. The girls have been practicing for their end of the year circus show. 5 nights of practice next week. Then thankfully the show on Sunday.
5. Morgan started the process of getting braces. She has her first set of bands on now. Basically we are at the ortho every Wed. am for the next 6 weeks. The good news? She's super excited AND we had better insurance than we thought so they coverd all but $360 dollars of the over $2,000!! Thank you Lord!
6. We wrapped up our second year of Home schooling. Wheeewww! Loved it! Can't wait to do it next year! Mama needs a break! :)
7. Had so much fun in Hawaii a few weeks ago we are already planning next May's trip. Decided to go to the Florida Keys for a week and rent a beach house with some friends. Just researching it makes me wish we were there. Wait Hurricane season starts tomorrow maybe not. :)
I know there is more but darn it I've used up all my words for the day! Oh wait. Have a blessed Memorial Day. And if you are reading this and you serve/served or have family who serves then Thank you from the bottom of my heart!