Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Running And Singing

This weekend both girls ran in their first race. It was a 5k and let me just tell you how grateful I was it wasn't longer. It was FREEZING COLD!!! Brrr.......what? It's hard work being the cheering section. You freeze your little behind off. :)
The girls did great, had a blast and possibly just possibly could be following in their father's foot steps I think. :) Although there were nearly a 1,000 runners Dan did not register to run this one. He did however run along side Morgan to cheer her on as did Graph.





The girls both take classes during the week at our Music and Art Center. This weekend was the recital. Ryanne got to get up in front of everyone and showed off a couple paintings.

Morgan worked for 2 months to play two Christmas songs on the piano and sing her first solo. This is the only picture I took because I was crying to hard to see through the camera. I know I'm a sap.
They were both just so excited and nervous that I think I had been holding my breath until they were done. My mom and dad both drove out for it which meant the world to the girls. It was fun to see how hard all the kids worked. Lots of talent in one room. Kids that love music and love to share it with others bless me.
On another note. Oh get it "note." Never mind. :)
I started a blog for people who like to or are forced to live Gluten and Dairy free. Check it out and let me know what you think. Pass it on to friends and family who want some good recipes or tips. www.christy-toeatornottoeat.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Erica Young said...

Yay for the girls. Thats such an accomplishment for them. You should have got her singing and playing piano on video. I would have loved to see that. Hope things are well :)

Christy said...

Erica, we did actually so I will try and get that up in the next few days. :)

littlecbsmom said...

We are so spoiled...I would love to see the video too! Looks like a great time and God has gifted your girls in SO many ways! You are a great mom for cultivating those talents!

I am SO excited about your new blog! I will pass it on for sure...you should post it on the meetup site and I will post it on both mine up here in Oregon. Good luck with it, maybe I will even brave one of your recipes one day!

Crystal Keilers, that's me. said...

So sweet. And sappy is good =).