Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Our Weekend.....

So this weeknd I decided to tackle my 10 year olds most disgusting bedroom....and by disgusting I mean...


like toxic dump site disgusting.....

it just kept getting worse and frankly I was in denial of her hoarder status...

Some changes needed to be made. I went to Ross and bought this night stand for like $14, painted it and...

 after enlisting the help of my mom, we cleaned, threw away, donated anything that would not fit in the labeled tubs I bought her and organized EVERYTHING!

We moved furniture, went through her clothes and donated them to kids who needed them and tore down her mini blinds that looked like she had tried to climb threw them at some point....

Sigh.....so much better....I told her if it ever looked like that again I was throwing a lit torch in there and running for my life. I'm most certain she will need therapy when she's grown because of me ha!

The girls have buckled down and done great their first two weeks of school which is great since I am still in denial that my summer is over. Milo likes to help Morgan study, and by study I mean....

roll around on her books, take her pencil and pose for the camera when he sees me coming.


We love him in spite of himself..I mean look at that face!!

I went out to water the other morning and was instantly struck by the beauty in the sky. I stood there forever thinking about how God shows us His beauty in different ways.

When we seek him we will find him when we search for Him...I love that! I love that when you talk to people and hear their stories of where they are in their lives you can say with confidence God meets us there; even in the pits. And he doesn't leave us there..He is able to restore our hearts.

I have been given to much to not give it away. I don't want my walk with the Lord to be about me but about how He can pour me out and empty me of myself to serve others. To know Him and make Him known.

No comments: