Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, August 28, 2015

Wrapping Up August....

So I had my X-rays and follow up with the doctor yesterday and the praise is that the X-ray showed calcification which means it's healing quickly. The doctor decided the cast was not working out because it was sliding down my leg and causing lots of pain as it pulled on my knee. I was on my third cast in three weeks! Instead I get to ride out the rest of my broken leg in this bionic brace which is much cooler. Cooler as in temperature not like I'm so cool I now have a bionic leg kind of cool ha! Still have to have it on 24 hours a day BUT I can scratch when my leg itches and it's not as heavy. My goal now is to get ALL healed up and off the stupid crutches!!! The first couple of weeks I was kind of down and frustrated getting around but I learned something valuable; I learned what to say and what not to say to someone with a broken anything! My least favorite is,"Maybe this is Gods way of slowing you down." At first it annoyed me when people would say that but then I got to thinking about it and I decided; no this might be Gods way of telling me that if I'm going to launch myself off a really high roped swing into a swamp I better darn sure stick the landing next time. And also why on earth would God make me have an adventurous, curious, always on the go trying new things and seeing new places kind of child of God just to say STOP being that person I created? Nope, much to my moms gray hair I have caused, I am never going to stop climbing, swinging, biking, exploring and dreaming about all the fun things and places God has out there. This has only slown me down long enough to plan our next adventure. And to realize God made me a determined person for a reason.
I just love this picture that Morgan took of a small town we visited in Florida. The movie theater is really old and closed down now but so amazing none the less.
,
She took this one as well and I love how she captured the tractor under the tree at sunset...
We are wrapping up our second week of school and although I was nervous about having one in High School and one in Jr. High, they are both doing great and are super motivated.


5 comments:

Jack said...

The brace looks like it is going to be much more manageable than the hard cast.
The picture of the Movie theater looks just like the one I used to go to when I was a kid in Illinois.
I agree with you on life's adventures; for example, I am not going to quite playing golf just because I hurt my wrist.
Oh by the way , I played my 1st nine holes yesterday since last January.
Going today to see granddaughter play in a golf tournament .

krista said...

Happy beginning of the school year! Glad your leg is healing- and that brace looks WAY better than a cast!!!
Do your girls do any babysitting? I have an ES (coworker) looking for someone to watch her 9 month old (in Yucaipa) occasionally during the day. Let me know :) kristagradias@gmail.com

Jessica said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery! I like your perspective :)

Jessica said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery! I like your perspective :)

FUT 16 Coins said...




This is all good. Keep doing that.


Thank you for sharing and updating!

I will come to look at this issue and look forward to!


Here is my Favorites FIFA Coins will sent to you at http://fifa16.vipmmobank.com