Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Sunday, December 16, 2012

His Mercy's Are New Every Morning.....

I have sat down at my computer numerous times since the news broke Friday of the shooting. Everime I walk away. I want to address it but then I close my eyes and wish maybe against all odds the news was wrong. My kids ask,"why mommy? Why would someone want to hurt little kids in a classroom?"  My answer? Because we live in a world that is full of evil. Full of angry, hurting people who have no hope. I try with as much strength to remind my little girls that this is not our home. We are here temporarily. We are to hate what is evil and cling to what is good. God is good. His word is good. His promises are good. He is bigger than this. We cried and prayed not even knowing what to say to our God who has to be grieving for his people.

Everything else this weekend has seemed so minuscule. So not worth worrying about for more than a second. It's made me cling to my kids longer, miss my husband even more this past week and quite frankly it's made me feel a little insecure. Do you remember the morning of Sept. 11th? Like it was yesterday right? That feeling of being helpless. Feeling like our kids didn't have a chance at a normal life on this crazy planet. That's how I feel today. Then God grabs a hold of my heart and tells me to cling to him. Love others like he does even if they are not loveable. He's coming back. Maybe not today. Maybe not even in my life time. But he is coming. And the fact is people we come in contact with everyday need to hear about him, feel his love and his presence because people are hurting. People on their own have no hope. No concern for human life. We walk past them, around them, over them everyday in our rush to get tot the next thing.

These parents are going to go through Christmas numb. They are going to burry their loved ones and just like the rest of the country always does; what we have to do. We will move on. Hopefully not without taking a moment and praying. Praying for the family members left behind. Praying for our leaders, for our country. It's not going to get better. It's not supposed to. We aren't supposed to want to be here. But this is where God has us. I'm praying God surrounds those families with believers. Maybe that's you reading this now. If so, love them. Sit with them. Pray for God to invade their hearts. Be still with them.

Kiss your kids. Hold them. Walk in faith that God knows our days. The number of hairs on our heads.  He knows. That's all the comfort we have. Clinging to something bigger than ourselves that in the past has proven he is good. Be blessed.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Beautifully written. I have not attempted to write, only because it left me speechless and crying on the floor of my bathroom. My heart can only pray for everyone this tragedy has impacted. Praise God for His mercies anew every morning. I hope your sweet family a very Merry and blessed Christmas!