I'm free. It's official, sanity has taken up residence in my brain once again. No more school, no more dance, no more circus, dance rehearsals, shows, school meetings, finals, learning records to fill out. No MORE! I am giddy with anticipation at what doing less will look like. My eyes have uncrossed. I don't think there are words to describe the complete feeling of elation at not being woken up by an alarm clock. And I didn't even sleep in BUT it was my choice. I can lounge around in my robe. Take my time doing my devotions.Bake. Make ice cream till my head pops off. Try new recipes AND be home for dinner to eat them. Read a book on the patio as the sun rounds the corner in the morning. I can *gasp* watch the morning news. Yes, all this and more is possible now that I am free. I exaggerate you say? Oh no, no trust me when I tell you May for home school moms brings the finish line into view. As of May 1st you just want to go to the light which in our case is May 31st. If your head wasn't attached it would literally pop off and float away. If I wasn't helping with a school final, an end of the year project, giving a test to my 4th grader. I was answering emails from my middle school kiddos teachers, racing to dance recital rehearsals, circus practice, dealing with costume issues for my ballerina. Wondering if the bathroom fairy was finally going to show up and clean because I was to busy and hoping that I could imagine dinner on the table and it would appear before we had to leave for a class. But that's all in the past. We kicked off our summer by heading to soak city and floated in the lazy river with not a care in the world. So AMAZING!!
Summer Bucket List:
1. Build a club house in our backyard for the girls
2. Finish our driveway and build a shed
3. Clean out garage, move everything to shed.
4. Drive Jeep that is now in cleaned out garage.
5. Go to soak city and enjoy jumping in the wave pool with my kids.
6. Stare often at my calendar that is empty and smile BIG!
7. Put white lights up in club house when done and have a camp out with my kids.
8. Make enough ice cream that my freezer is full and we can share with EVERYONE!
9. have LOTS of water balloon fights with my kids.
10. Go fly fishing up North with my hubby and kids.
11. Snuggle on the couch with my husband and girls WAY past their bed time.
12. Say YES more.
13. Watch my daughter get fitted for her first pointe shoes.
14. Try not to cry when my daughter stands in the mirror in her first pair of pointe shoes.
15. Ride bikes at the beach
16. Date my husband more.