Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, June 7, 2013

You're Gonna' Thank Me.....

Because our family eats gluten free we don't use white flour. When baking I will often use a gluten free brand that is already mixed or a rice flour blend I have made. But the other day my friend (thanks Candace) gave me a copy of a recipe that used Quinoa flour.  I was so excited to try something new. Hey, when your calendar is empty it's the little things. ;) So I'm here to encourage you to ditch the white flour, the white sugar (as much as possible) and use healthier ingredients that make having a brownie OK. Well at least better. Ha! I made these and let me just say,"YAHOOOOOOO!" Enough said. To make the flour just buy some quinoa and run it through your food processor or even your blender will work. Also, I used organic peanut butter instead of almond butter because I need the good fat from it.
 
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (I used earth balance dairy free butter)
  • 3/4 cup smooth or crunchy natural almond butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup quinoa flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. whisk quinoa flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. stir in chocolate chips. spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
  2. bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Almond Butter-Quinoa Blondies
preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.





No comments: