Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Monday, July 6, 2009

Tidbits From Our 4th

Dan had to work the entire weekend which was kind of a bummer but what are you gonna' do right? So the girls and I made 4th of July sugar cookies.They turned out super cute and were super yummy! Yes, I cheated and ate one, OK two.....well maybe it was three but if it makes you feel any better I could barely walk by the end of the night. *sigh* I know better. But they were just so cute. ;)
Now please don't for a minute think I am leaving Morgan out by posting on Ryanne so much these next two weeks. I mean I would NEVER dream of leaving out my moody 8 1/2 year old who is so close to being on house arrest for the rest of her life it's not even funny. The 8 1/2 year old who rolls her eyes and sighs so much you would think the world was ending. Nope not me, I would never leave her out of my posts on purpose. Locked out of the house maybe.....kidding! It's just that Ryanne's birthday is in a couple weeks and she has been very entertaining lately.
We decided to go for a walk with our neighbors on the evening of the 4th and all the kids jumped on their Razor skooters. Ryanne being the dare devil she is went blazing down the hill behind all the other kids. We live at the top of a REALLY steep hill. My final words were,"oh man, this is not going to end well." And then......................
Ryanne hit a rock, got speed wobbles and slid on her stomach about 4 feet. She took all the skin off both arms, legs and bruised her little chest. My friends husband carried her home because the hill is so steep and she was bleeding everywhere. We weren't even all the way home and she stopped crying, stopped shaking and said,"You know, I think I will walk next time mom."
This kid is tough. The pictures don't do her body justice. Her wounds are still oozing and she has to have Tylenol to sleep at night because,"Mom, I just hurt everywhere." As if that wasn't enough she was running through the yard with a Lego spaceship thingy and didn't see the apple tree, slammed into it which in turn slammed the spaceship into her face and busted her lips open. Yup' you guessed it more blood. The she did a back flip off the swing and landed on the root of the tree bruising her back and last but not least and I'm not making this up; she came running around the corner in the kitchen where my friend had pulled out the cutting board and ran into the cutting board. Ahhhhhhhhhhh..........so glad very little freaks me out. I just bandage em' up and send em' back out. Someone is going to think I beat this kid and turn me in. The funniest thing is yesterday I get her hair all done cute, put her in this cute Hawaiian summer dress and send her into church and she looks so cute and calm and fragile. NOT!





7 comments:

Eileen said...

What a great post! Ah yes, those bumps, bruises and scrapes the children get (Bryan was always breaking something). Enjoyed reading this, and all your musings so much!!!

Eileen said...

oops... not breaking, I should have said needing stitches. I don't think my kids ever broke anything.

Crystal said...

Ahh ouch. That's like half an inch of skin missing from her knee. Ewwwww.....

Jessica said...

Woah, those cookies do look good, I don't blame you for not being able to resist!

Poor Ryanne... I think her and Ethan would make a crazy team!

Erica Young said...

Awww, poor Ryanne. Hope she feels better. That happened a time or two when I was her age, chasing after my older brother. Definitely knows how she feels :)

Sarah said...

Poor kiddo! man oh man does she need a break!

Brigitte said...

OUCH! She is going to be one amazing athlete. Sounds like you are doing well. Glad to hear it.