Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy MLK day

First I have to give credit where credit is due. And since we wouldn't have had the day off it wasn't for Martin Luther King Jr. ; I looked up a few things that he said that I thought were very interesting:
"He who passivley accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helped perpetrate it."
1958-MLK
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." 1963-MLK
Love it!!
So with that said we had the BEST day off in so long I can't remember. It never seems that Morgan has a day off of school and we have nothing to do. And for it to line up with Dan's day off made it heaven. Morgan's best friend Caleb had a sleep over last night. I use the word sleep loosely becuase they got up at three in the morning thinking it was a "decent hour" and proceeded to start arts and crafts, pillow fights etc. Ya' I think the site of me in the doorway at three in the morning was enough to scare Caleb half to death. Frankyl when I went to the bathroom afterwards my own reflection scared me. ;)
So anyways, we rolled out of bed early and decided to treat the kids to breakfast at Copper Kettle here in Yucaipa. It was all rainy and cold so the kids got hot chocolate and pancakes.............yummy!!
Morgan got Legos for Christmas so this is where you could find Dan and the girls ALL afternoon.
They were so excited to sit in Morgan's room all day and build stuff together. I love that it's the little things like being home on the floor with their daddy that still pleases them.
Tiger stood guard on the bed right behind them just incase they needed him. Good watch cat!
Morgan snapped this picture of me starting on the girls bathroom. Both girls rooms are ajoined to the bathroom so I was able to keep up with the family conversations that were taking place in Morgan's room over Lego's. I love days like this. Sadly they are to far between for my liking. But I will take them when I can get them. :) I hope you all had a restful day & enjoyed your families.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like the color you are painting the bathroom! We built legos today too, and went to the park, and danced to some new music that Merritt got. Fun, fun, fun! I agree that the days like that are too far and few between.

Jessica said...

I'm glad you returned to Kopper Kettle... it's a great Yucaipa joint :) We were there on Sunday. Glad you enjoyed your day... I love days like that too. That cracks me up that Morgan and her friend decided to start playing at 3 am! haha!

DonnaG said...

That's what you look like when you paint? Wow, you look great. I look like a slob when I paint. Sounds like a wonderful day you had. I love love love days like that.