Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, January 4, 2008

Balance

balance [adj.]equivalent, evened, fair, proportional, stabalized, symmetrical.

Thanks to my Blogging friend Christy P. (you can click on her blog over there to the right) I got the best idea. She said she had read somewhere that picking a word for the year kind of sets the tone for things. Christy's word was cherish which I thought was a great! :)

After thinking about it for a couple days I decided to steal your idea Christy. My word is going to be 'balance.' I am always joking that by the time I get one end of my house clean the other end is already dirty. Or I get really consistant at reading the word every morning but forget to find time to pray as well. I eat great and dont squeeze in a work out. I try to not let my schedule get on overload but then find myself letting people stress me out for dumb reasons.

So this all got me thinking about our bodies and minds and how it really is a fine art learning to get your life in balance so that you are healthy physically, mentally and spiritually. I often let my type A personality take over and I end up focusing one area so much that the others get negelcted. I am finding that balance for me means being in the word and spending time with my God EVERY morning because I GET too. Eating healthy because I CAN, and taking that small sliver of time to work out each day becuase I don't ever want to take for granted that today my body is working. ;) To not allow stress, gossip, drama or complaining to disease my thoughts and the condition of my heart. To love & serve others expecting nothing in return from them knowing God will bless me. Oh and last but certainly not least, being able to say no to things and not feeling guilty for it. So there it is balance. What does balance mean for you?

2 comments:

christy p said...

Christy,

I LOVE your word. I could use some balance as well. You gave me a lot to think about this morning!!!

Faithy said...

Wow! What a great idea! I think all us moms can use that word to depict what we need most in our lives. It is so easy to get caught up in the meaningless things about our daily routines that we forget to stop and really seek what matters most, Christ! You got me thinking...I'm gonna' pick a word too :)