Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy 11 years Dan

Friday Feb.8th is our 11 year wedding anniversary. Together 13 years total. I was telling Dan it seems wierd because I met him when I was 20 which means I have been with him my entire adult life. Not that I have always acted like an adult in our marriage but thats beside the point. ;) I got to thinking about how in some ways it just seems like a blip of time and other times it seems like an eternity. Dan says,"AMEN SISTER!" I think after living with me for this long he is feeling the 11 years more than myself. he,hee! Seriously though we have been through the muck and I am sure in the years to come there will be more. The one constant though is that we both love the Lord and desire what is right. We decided from the get go that "quiting" was not an option and so we better work to be the best that we can be for one another cause we are stuck together till' God takes one of us. We have had to remind each other of that promise many a times over when major things have hit the fan and a few times wondering if the storm itself would kill us. The thing that God has impressed upon me that I cannot express enough is that the prize is not always immediate. Sometimes we wait A LONG time to see Gods growth. Sometimes we wait A LONG time to see hearts change. And sometimes it takes A LONG time for God to change and grow us into the spouse that honors him. I do know for sure though that he is faithful and fulfills all my needs and Dan's needs when one of us is lacking. I don't rely on Dan for my joy nor does he look to me to complete him; only our God can do that. The end result is that it overflows into love and service to our spouse. Happy 11 years honey and hopefully you can survive many more with me without to many gray hairs or scars to show for it. :)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yay for eleven years! I can't believe it has been 11 years either. God is great! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture!!! Love you friend!

Jessica said...

Happy anniversary! I remember meeting you guys at the church Christmas party right before you got married... I guess I've known you 11 years! :) Hope you have a special day :)

christy p said...

Congrats on 11 years! That is awesome. What a GORGEOUS photo of the two of you!!!! Do you have any plans for this weekend to celebrate?

Love what you wrote....

Faithy said...

11 years is amazing! Congratulations! Isn't it crazy how much can happen in all that time? You guys are both wonderful and I wish you many more years of happiness...Sorry I couldn't help you out on your day, but I hope you still were able to enjoy some time together! I'm anxious to know how your weekend went...:)

Faithy said...

11 years is amazing! Congratulations! Isn't it crazy how much can happen in all that time? You guys are both wonderful and I wish you many more years of happiness...Sorry I couldn't help you out on your day, but I hope you still were able to enjoy some time together! I'm anxious to know how your weekend went...:)

DonnaG said...

Happy Anniversary to you. Way to go on keepin' on keepin' on. Marriage is great, but man it takes diligence and fortitude!