Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Surgery follow up

Well, we survived the surgery and Dan is home resting. It ended up being a bit more invasive than we were first thinking becuase the fatty tumor (nothing more thankfully) was tucked under a large muscle. So they ended up having to dig rather deep. He woke up in pretty good spirits and is now recovering. Dan was less than thrilled that I was taking photos of him though. I told him its rough but that's the life you choose when you are married to a blogger. ;) We are visual people who need proof of the stories we are telling. :) you know the worst part? I was really hoping for something funny at the hospital to blog about and yes God did indeed answer my prayers. We were in Dan's little cubical waiting for him to get wheeled into surgery when the nurses brought this lady in to occupy the room directly across from Dan. We were just sitting there vegging out when we hear the nurses tell the lady to go ahead and take everything off but her underwear and put on her hospital gown. The lady who lets see how should I say this? Well, she had not taken really good care of herself turned to the nurse and the rest of us and said,"oh no, I'm one one those." "you know the ones who dont wear underwear because it hurts for ANYTHING to touch down there." I would have given my left arm right there on the operating table to have taken a pictre of Dan's face. It was hilarious. I think he was so thankful to be knocked out and wheeled away at that point he didnt care what they did to him. :) Anyways, he's now "supposed" to rest for the next ten days; ya' we'll see how that goes right? Thank you to all of you who prayed, called, e-mailed, etc. Truly felt loved and supported.

5 comments:

DonnaG said...

I want to look underneath the gauze. Is it gory?

Yvonne said...

Praise the Lord your surgery went well.

How badly does it hurt now?

We love you.

christy p said...

OHhh I am so glad the surgery went well. I think I am a bad blogger friend, because I don't remember reading about the lump prior. Hmmm....Enjoy those ten "recovery" days together. :)

Leslie said...

praying for you guys... seriously though hoping he isn't feeling lots of pain.... and is being a good patient for you...

Crystal said...

Hi there. I've just entered the "blogging world". I look forward to staying in better touch with the happenings in your life :). Send Dan a hug from us :). Love, Crystal (& Stephen)