Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Friday, August 17, 2007

Mother of the year award...........Probably not





OK so yesterday was one of those days where you feel about an inch high as a mom and wish you could do the day over. Let me start from the beginning;


Morgan was giving her little sister a ride on the back of the trike down our driveway like they have done a million times but this particular day Morgan decided to hang a quick right (without telling Ryanne) so Morgan went right and poor Ryanne went flying left and landed on her shoulder. I was watering and had my back to them when I heard this loud CRACK!!! I figured it was her head so I went running and when I picked her up was very surprised (and pleased) to not find any blood. But she was screaming like crazy and saying her arm hurt. I found some road rash on her back but other than that she was moving it and it didn't seem to have any obvious trauma.


I got her to quit crying and off to swimming lessons we went. I have to admit I kinda thought she was just tired and milking the road rash so I made her do swimming lessons.....................I know, I know trust me I know what you are thinking. She started screaming when the teacher touched her and moved her and I told my husband something just seemed off with her. Being the fireman that he is and the fact that he sees "real trauma" daily I didn't get much of a reaction. He said she was probably just really bruised and so on with our day we went. But when she woke up from her nap she was screaming crying in her room flat on her back saying she couldn't get up and her neck hurt so that did it for me and off to urgent care we went. The x-rays revealed that my sweet little ray of sunshine wasn't milking it and indeed had broke her collar bone..............well more like cracked it. I am sure it's not the first time the Dr. has seen a mother try to crawl into the crack in the floor but I swear I felt that big. Ugh!!! I thought this parenting thing would get easier but really it just gets different and just when I adjust to fit the flow it changes again. Ryanne is doing ok though other than being very grumpy and in allot of pain. She was heart broken when daddy and sissy rode off on their bikes tonight so we took some time keeping our feet on the ground and watered the flowers instead.

3 comments:

DonnaG said...

Oh my goodness. I can not imagine how you feel. Ryanne will heal and probably never connect her broken collar bone with you brushing it off. But YOU will always hanging over your head.

Don't feel too bad. You are only human and I am sure that I would have done the same thing. In fact, I have done the same thing. And, the fact that you feel sooooo awful about it merits a Mother of the Year Award for sure.

We are lacking as parents but God is the only perfect parent so accept your mistakes and thank God for God.

Jessica said...

So I'm not a parent quite yet, but having been a teacher I totally understand how this could happen. The kids fall and scrape themselves all the time, and sometimes it's hard to tell when it's really something bad, or something for attention. I tend to always say "you're fine, it will feel better soon"... and not make a big deal about it. Don't feel bad, at least you got her to urgent care and now she can heal :) You are a great mom!

Faithy said...

You are a GREAT mom! At least you trusted your instincts and took her to get x-rayed.
How is she feeling now? Hoper misses her "Ry-Ry" and wanted to go to swim lessons today. :)
Glad we could catch up over 3 weeks of swim lessons & the girls had a blast together swimming!
Hope we can get together soon!