Dan worked this weekend but we baked his crew an apple pie and delivered it after church. I was thinking at 6:30 am this morning that I hoped I had not missed any ingredients or anything trying to throw together a pie that early. Word has it that all the guys loved it and nobody has gotten sick from it yet. ;)
Below you will see a list of reasons why Dan is an amazing Dad. Now I know you all think your husband is the best dad in the world and that is good; we can share the title but dont go and copy my list, make your own! :)
1. He is patient and kind when I am not.
2. He plays barbies and dress up with the girls.
3. After barbie and eating fake tea party food he teaches them how to hit a baseball & drive a go kart.
4. He is consistant in his rules and discipline.
5. the nights he is home he sits in the girls rooms and prays with them individually.
6. he cooks (oh I threw that one in for me) :)
7. He leaves work at home.
8. he takes the girls on "dates" to show them how they should be treated.
9. he laughs that big belly laugh till' you cry at himself so the girls know its ok to laugh at yourself.
10. He LOVES the Lord and loves truth. He admits when he is wrong. He is humble. He is constant and he is faithful to his family.
Now the reasons I am thankful for my heavenly father:
1. He is the one constant in my life that I never have to worry about letting me down.
2. He is so great that when I deserve to be punished he often shows me mercy.
3. When I do need to be corrected he loves me enough to show me the right way.
4. He loves me uncondtionally. He loves me the way he created me but desires me to grow in him and be so much more to glorify him.
5. I can do nothing apart from hm.
6. He gives life abundtly.
7. My God has given me a great example of what earthly fathers are to work toward with their children.
Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there, may you be blessed and feel loved. You have a great responsibilty to love on, pray over, and encrouage your kids in this crazy world. God has already laid out the foundation and given you the blueprints in his word.