Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Picture this.............................

Ok now, you have to close your eyes and picture this ok? I am walking in the door after being gone most of the day running kids around from school, errands and swim practice. I walk in the door and low and behold the cleaning crew has come and spent the entire afternoon cleaing me house. I go from room to room looking at the floor boards, checking the blinds and windows. In each room the warm fuzzies grow bigger and bigger. I look behind the toilets. I check under the rugs. Its spotless I tell you spotless and to think I was feeling badly about getting help. Let me just say that is a fleeting moment. Now I am singing and dancing through each room and in each room I am saying,"thank you God!" I am sure that if my kids didn't think I had lost my mind they are convinced it was God himself who deep cleaned our house. ;) So yes, I am glad I caved in and got help. I think life will be more managable and I will be less annoyed by the things I can't do that need to be done. Anyone for eating off my bathroom floor? What? You could! Yee-haw!!!! :)

Ok on to more important things than my house being spotless. See, I had to say it again. In my quiet time this morning I read from Psalm 103 So good!

I will share just a portion that minsitered to me then you go read the rest for yourself,

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy
name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all the benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and
compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

It goes on to talk about how god does not repay us for our iniquities or treat us as our sin deserves. I love that we are to model that. What a good reminder of the grace we are to show others. Have a great day and a blessed rest of the week.

5 comments:

5KidMom said...

Praise Him!!! Cleaning help can really be a life saver. It is one of the best choices we ever made! Plus, before long, you won't have to pay for it. As Will's sister says, your children will enter the phase of free child labor. 8^)

DonnaG said...

Heyyyyy glad your home is clean. I love that feeling. And you need to get help when necessary. You will be a better mother because of it!

Rhonda said...

Yaaayyyy!
I LOVE Psalm 103. It is my current memory passage.

KatBouska said...

Oh how lovely to come home to a clean house like that!! If only it could be even more often...like everyday! ;)

ps you send that 100 bucks and you better watch out...you might be first on my list. :)

Erica Young said...

That's ok I blog stalk too! Thanks for the encouragement and it's nice to meet new friends! Glad you got to come home to a clean house; I don't have any kids but man would I love for someone to come and clean my house.