Us

Us
Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Running non-stop............

This weekend was busy for our family. First thing Friday morning I dropped Ryanne off at her friend Hope's house; Then ran to pick up my grandma to meet up with Dan at Morgan's school. Each year they set aside a day to honor grandparents. Its very sweet, they have coffee and cookies and all the kids from each grade perform something they have been working on for the year. Then after the assembly the grandparents go to the classrooms and get to spend time with the kids. They get the tour and find out what they have been doing all year. The kids also make them cards and things like that.
Morgan was so cute, she was taking her great grandma all around introducing her to all her friends and to her teacher. After they are done they get to leave school at around 11:30 to take their grandparents to lunch and then spend the rest of the day with them. We all headed to Red Robin and had a great rest of the afternoon.
Then bright and early Saturday morning we headed to Palm Springs for Morgans swim meet. We originally thought she was in two really early events so we didnt even pack snacks or things for Ryanne to play with. Turns out they had her in the wrong events and we were there ALL DAY!!! Did you hear me? ALL DAY!! At least it was 84 degrees and beautiful outside. It was her first long course event which means she swam a 50m in backstroke and freestyle. That is double the distance she has been swimming. It was SOOOO crazy. I think I held my breath and closed my eyes the entire time she was swimming. She made it and I am pretty sure she thought she was going to die as she came out of the water. :) Here's my baby swimming across the pool in her final event. After we got home from the meet we headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house for my cousins 21st b-day party (sorry no pictures, forgot my camera).
After going to early service this morning we headed over to Caleb and Luke's for their joint birthday party. Fun was had by all but now I am ready to put my feet up. Whew, we have a really busy week ahead too! At least mine starts off with a massage tomorrow morning. :)


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, you did have a busy weekend. Way to go Morgan with the swim meet! Hope you enjoy your massage :)

Rhonda said...

Yay for some relaxation after craziness. I hope you enjoyed your massage.

christy p said...

You got a WELL deserved massage! Hope you enjoyed it!

Great photos too! :)